RECLAIM increases access to mental health support so that Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) youth may reclaim their lives from oppression in all its forms. We partner with queer and transgender young adults ages 13-25 who are marginalized because of their gender identity, gender expression and/or sexual orientation. We provide accessible therapy to youth and their families, cultural competence training to practitioners, and community partnership at the intersection of gender and racial justice. We currently serve about 40% youth
of color and 75% transgender youth, the majority from the Twin Cities metro area.
Now in our 5th year, RECLAIM is growing in response to the need in the communities we serve. Read more at www.reclaim-lgbtyouth.org.
We are seeking a full time Mental Health Therapist who is passionate about the mission and values of RECLAIM. We are building a community of emerging and experienced practitioners who apply post-modern principles to their practice. We engage clients in holistic healing that addresses as many areas of need as possible. We specialize in supporting youth around sexual orientation and gender identity while recognizing all aspects of identity reclamation. RECLAIM is committed to recruiting candidates with lived experience in communities of color and/or Trans communities.
This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
Salary to be determined, dependent upon experience.
37.5 hour work week, generous PTO, benefits eligible.
To apply send resume, cover letter, and salary rate at last two positions worked to:
Position open until filled. Interviews will begin the week of October 13, 2014.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Therapy Provision
- Provide individual, family and group therapy to youth and their families focusing on experiences related to sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Maintain a full client schedule;
- Complete diagnostic assessments, progress notes, and treatment plans in a timely manner;
- Skillfully engage in routine conversations with clients regarding financial responsibilities;
- Successfully meet target number of clients seen and overall organizational financial revenue goals;
- Triage intake calls and make appropriate referrals;
- Comply with grant requirements and reporting.
2. Internal and External Collaboration
- Openly engaging with others at RECLAIM to provide the best service possible;
- Actively partner with youth to advocate with third party payers and other service providers to ensure their needs are met;
- Represent RECLAIM in the community through formal and informal relationships.
Required Licensure and Experience
- Fully licensed and credentialed: Valid LICSW, LMFT, LPCC or LP license in the state of Minnesota;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years post-license experience with individual, family and group counseling.
- Intimate knowledge of how to support people around experiences of sexual orientation and gender identity as it intersects with other aspects of identity;
- Experience and/or training in working from a post-modern perspective.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting clients through the informed consent process for access to hormones;
- A clear commitment to actively work for social and racial justice;
- Experience collaborating with social service organizations to meet the needs of youth;
- Ability to rapidly connect with adolescents and young adults;
- Experience providing community training and facilitation